mSurvey is an exciting, young, disruptive tech company led by a visionary leadership team with decades of combined international and diverse experience in mobile telecommunications and technology. Launched in 2012, we are revolutionizing how businesses interact with their customers by providing them with unprecedented access to real-time, direct feedback at their fingertips. Built out of a passion to simplify access to high-quality data, mSurvey brings hidden and offline voices into the global conversation. mSurvey is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya with an office in San Francisco (USA). We power conversations across Africa, Asia. Latin America and the Caribbean.
mSurvey has experienced rapid and consistent growth since its inception. At mSurvey, we highly value our people and invest in their growth and development. We are building a world class dream team to fuel our exciting global journey of growth and innovation and are seeking to hire the positions listed below. If you meet the criteria outlined and are eager to join the mSurvey dream team on their Africa adventure please send your resume to email@example.com by the deadline indicated on the job profiles below.
We are looking for those who ask WHY! To be successful in this role, you need to have a curious mind and be comfortable with the unknown. We are seeking someone who is inquisitive, data driven and excited by complex problems. Someone who enjoys working with multiple teams and not only wants to know what’s not working but also wants to find out why the successful things are working.
- Designing a system for teams to manage and maintain their individual metrics;
- Centralizing data for the Growth team;
- Identifying and managing behavior changing metrics for the company’s success;
- Effectively communicating metrics so respective team members are able to take action;
- Collaborating with business, product, and engineering to rapidly execute on a growth roadmap;
- Partnering with engineering to setup event tracking and ensuring databases are capturing the information required to make data-driven decisions;
- Analyzing results of product/feature launches, extracting actionable insights for business, product, and engineering;
- Owning key metrics to ensure our products scale quickly and profitably;
- Executing tests to improve our business performance;
- Identifying key metrics and creating dashboards to track customer acquisition, engagement, and retention;
- Building financial models to estimate the impact of new products;
- Exploring new opportunities in markets we’ve successfully operated in;
- Designing scenario analysis for new markets to determine optimal entry points; and
- Growing the mSurvey audience.
Skills and Attributes
- Bachelors degree in Data science, Statistics/Mathematics, (bonus if paired with a finance or economics background);
- Strong technical background (code in R or Python) with some exposure to product, marketing & finance;
- At least 2 years experience as an analyst on a growth team, consultancy, bank or comparative field;
- Ability to communicate complex information in a user-friendly way;
- Ability to learn new software tools from data science to project management (Tableau, Asana, Slack, etc.);
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Enjoy making things easier for others (optimizing);
- Passionate about the rise of Africa and uplifting entrepreneurs;
- Ability to curate world-class standards to execute on a local level.
DEADLINE: 9th February 2018
Country Manager (Nigeria)
We are looking for an ambitious, experienced, energetic and highly talented Country Manager to take up the exciting role of establishing mSurvey Nigeria and pioneering its growth and penetration in the market following a successful capital raise from international venture capitalists and investors. The Country Manager will have a unique and challenging opportunity to grow the mSurvey business.
Developing a growth strategy for the market;
Driving achievement of local revenue targets;
Establishing and building strong relationships with clients;
Managing local contract negotiation processes;
Identifying areas of business opportunity and growth and leading the grasping and closure of these opportunities;
Increasing mSurvey’s exposure and visibility within the Nigerian business community;
Driving the marketing and sales of mSurvey’s products;
Leading business pitches for new clients;
Leading top-to-top client relationship development initiatives and facilitating access for other mSurvey business leaders to develop relationships with the clients.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Bachelors degree in a Business related field;
Strong sales and business development acumen with a record of outstanding delivery;
At least 2 years experience in a Commercial management position;
Experience working in telecommunication / tech industries is an added advantage;
Relationship with mobile operators is a plus;
Excellent influencing and relationship building skills;
Strong networking skills;
Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
Exposure to a multicultural work environment;
An individual with love for the African continent and who wants to be part of the team driving a business revolution
DEADLINE: 8th February 2018.